Venue: Erith Leisure Centre, Avenue Road, DA8 3AT
Cost: £8 per candidate.
- Thursday 11 January 2018 - Session 3 - Completion of work book
- Thursday 26 April 2018 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping
- Thursday 10 May 2018 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- Thursday 12 July 2018 - Session 3 - Completion of work book
- Thursday 4 October 2018 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping
- Thursday 15 November 2018 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- Thursday 8 March 2018 - Final Session - Completion of workbook
- Thursday 7 December 2018 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 role and Placing/Disqualifications
- Thursday 8 February 2018 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 Starter role
- Thursday 7 June 2018 - Session 2 - Completion of Judge 2 Starter workbook and manual race results
- This is and is now done as an on-line workshop. For a step-by-step guide on navigating the IOS website, click here.
Contemporary Issues is a Mandatory CPD required by the British Swimming Officials Licensing requirements (M5) and aimed at Swimming Technical Officials who are already licensed (renewal due within next four years) or wish to become a licensed British Swimming Official. The workshop covers: the ASA Code of Ethics; Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults; Embracing Diversity; Health and Safety; Officials’ Training and the ‘World of Swimming’.
NB: Judge 2 candidates are welcome to attend session 2 of the judge 1 course if they would like to.
To book a place, contact use this form or email Malcolm Keysell direct. If you book and then are unable to make a session, please use this form to let the organisers know you will not be attending.