Venue: Kingsmead Leisure Centre, Kingsmead Road, Canterbury CT2 7PH
Cost: £8 per candidate.
- Wednesday 18 January 2017 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- Wednesday 15 March 2017 - Session 3 - Completion of workbook.
- Wednesday 15 February 2017 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 role and Placing/Disqualifications
- Wednesday 24 May 2017 - Final Session - Completion of workbook
- Wednesday 19 April 2017 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 Starter role
- Wednesday 20 September 2017 - Session 2 - Completion of workbook and manual race results
- Wednesday 21 June 2017 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping
- Wednesday 19 July 2017 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- Wednesday 18 October 2017 - Session 3 - Completion of workbook.
- Wednesday 6 December 2017 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping
- This is and is now done as an on-line workshop. For a step-by-step guide on navigating the IOS website, click here.
Contemporary Issues is a Mandatory CPD required by the British Swimming Officials Licensing requirements (M5) and aimed at Swimming Technical Officials who are already licensed (renewal due within next four years) or wish to become a licensed British Swimming Official. The workshop covers: the ASA Code of Ethics; Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults; Embracing Diversity; Health and Safety; Officials’ Training and the ‘World of Swimming’ .
NB: Judge 2 candidates are welcome to attend session 2 of the judge 1 course if they would like to.
To book a place, contact use this form or email Malcolm Keysell direct. If you book and then are unable to make a session, please use this form to let the organisers know you will not be attending.